BAU is a place of theory and experimentation; practice and learning. We support a balance of work and living to enable designers to engage with the world + bring ideas into the studio.
BAU Shanghai are on the lookout for good design professionals. We seek to nurture the development of staff over a number of years to become studio leaders, associates and potentially partners.
Current Job Openings
Working closely with the design team on various projects, including education, residential, heath, hotel, resort and workplace. You will be working to tight deadlines and be capable of producing detailed interior documents, interior joinery drawings, 3D work and material boards amongst many other design responsibilities. Ability to exercise effective judgement within constrained timelines. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an international multi-disciplinary Architectural firm, adding value to the office and to your career.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (PDF Format, Max. 5MB) to email@example.com or call +8621 5466 6969 for more information.Apply
Required key skills & experience
– 5+ years experience
– self-motivated, creative & design orientated
– a good team player
– able to handle multiple tasks
– able to handle FF&E design and documentation
– knowledge in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, MS Office, Adobe programs
– understanding of design and construction documents during all project phases
– experience in mainland China an advantage
– fluent written and spoken English
Graduate Architects - DesignMelbourne
BAU Melbourne Office has an immediate need for graduate architects with excellent design, modelling and presentation skills. Applicants are required to have a proven experience of convincingly translating ideas into 3D models, drawings, graphical presentations. Guided by a senior architect, applicants will have to generate concept and competition designs for projects of various scales and typologies – developing and testing the designs in often short time frames. Post-graduate experience and technical construction knowledge is beneficial.
Please send CV, cover letter and portfolio (PDF Format, Max. 5MB total) to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
– Strong conceptual, graphic and design skills.
– Excellent Rhino modelling skills
– Excellent graphic and presentation skills
– Strong SketchUp skills
– Strong AutoCAD and Adobe Suite skills
– Confidence in working in a complex, international environment
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
– Post-graduate experience desirable but not essential